US Releases 2nd Batch of Government Declassified UFO Files
Digest more
President Donald Trump recently hinted that he may revert the Department of Defense back to the Department of War, an old title dating back to 1789. “It used to be called the Department of War and it had a stronger sound. And as you know, we won World ...
WASHINGTON — President Trump signed an executive order Friday seeking to restore the Department of Defense’s name to the “Department of War.” “I think it sends a message of victory,” he told reporters in the Oval Office. “It’s a very ...
The following is the May 20, 2026, Government Accountability Office report, Suicide Prevention: DOD Should Improve Monitoring and Assessment of Training. From the Report What GAO Found The Department of Defense’s (DOD) Defense Suicide Prevention Office (DSPO) is responsible for suicide prevention efforts across the department,
The Department of Defense seal sits on a podium in the Pentagon press briefing room on Feb. 23, 2021. (Lisa Ferdinando/DOD) Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said plans to rename his agency as the Department of War are “coming soon,” but it remains ...
Secretary of War Pete Hegseth changes a sign on the front of the Pentagon to reflect the new name (DoW photo). When workers at the Pentagon quietly removed “Department of Defense” plaques and replaced them with new bronze signs reading “Department of ...
Hosted on MSN
Trump Renames Defense Department To ‘Department Of War’—Is It Legal? Here’s What To Know.
President Donald Trump signed an executive order Friday renaming the Department of Defense as the “Department of War,” an unofficial change for now, as Trump does not have the legal authority to change the name without Congress. Trump signed an order ...
Senate confirmation hearings are slated to begin on Jan. 14, 2025, for Pete Hegseth, whom President-elect Donald Trump has chosen to serve as the next secretary of defense. It’s a massive job, broadly affecting Americans’ security at home and abroad ...
After years of trying to stop offshore wind projects, the Trump administration is now pausing routine federal permits for 165 land-based projects, including dozens in Texas.
See more of our trusted coverage when you search. Prefer Newsweek on Google to see more of our trusted coverage when you search. An April 1 memorandum issued to personnel within the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General has made it clear that ...
During Congressional testimony from Department of Defense leadership last week, Representative George Whitesides asked Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth,